Dealing with the loss of a loved one is difficult. Our Bereavement Ministry aims to ease the pain of these difficult times by helping you through the process of planning the funeral Mass. Oftentimes the funeral home will call the Parish Office on your behalf to arrange a date and time for the funeral Mass. Then, one of our Bereavement Ministers will arrange a time to meet with you to help plan the funeral liturgy, offering choices for music selections and scripture readings that you might wish to include. The Bereavement Minister will be there for you on the day of the funeral to help in any way needed.
Grief is an important process after the loss of a loved one.
- Joyful Again! is a weekend program offered at various locations around Chicagoland to help widows and widowers cope with their loss. The program runs 8:45am to 7:30pm on Saturday and 8:45am to 3:15pm on Sunday. Most locations have the participants go home for the evening and return in the morning. Go to the Joyful Again! website to learn more about their program and when and where it is being offered.
- To Be Joyful Again is another support group for widows and widowers. It meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month at 7:00pm at Holy Family Parish, 2515 Palatine Road, Inverness, IL.
Watch for bulletin notices of programs and retreats to help you cope through the grieving process.
Ministry of Care
If you are sick, homebound, or in the hospital and would like to receive the Eucharist, please call the Parish Office at 847-885-7700. One of our Ministers of Care would be glad to visit with you and bring you Communion and pray with you.
Disabled or Handicapped Services
- St. Hubert Church is equipped with a handicap entrance on the south side of the building. There are no steps on the south side and there is an automatic handicap door, where you can gain access easily with a wheelchair.
- Arrangements can be made to receive Eucharist at your seat, if you like. Please tell one of the Ushers of your wish, so that they can make arrangements for you.
- Hearing devices are available in the vesting sacristy off of the narthex for those who might need them for Mass. Ask an Usher or the Mass Coordinator before Mass if you would like to use one.